Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gas Crisis may be over

I'm seeing good signs today. Better than good: great signs. On Monday I posted that lines were the longest I had ever seen them: 70-100 cars deep with waits over 45 minutes. Tuesday I still saw lines but not as long. Yesterday the lines were very short, perhaps 5 to 10 cars, but I still only saw one in 7 stations with gas. Today, for the first time in almost 2 weeks, I have seen a station with no line. In fact, I have seen several stations open and selling gas with no lines. The Kroger by my house has consistently had gas almost every morning and has consistently sold out of gas by 1 pm. Today even at 1:30 they were still selling gas and there was no wait. Two stations near my house that have been without gas for 10 straight days were selling gas today. So supply is nearly back to normal, and the lines have almost completely disappeared. I am relieved. I should be able to fill up my wife's car tonight or tomorrow morning.

No comments: